March 29, 2024, 08:20:48 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)  (Read 79590 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (06-Sept-11)
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2011, 04:40:47 PM »
I now see why we football has been suffering in T&T so long yes. these old fackers who hate success talkin out dey ole stink arse!! i know where all dat venom coming from, it's the fact that it's ah foreign coach wey hah dem runnin they fackin stink mout soo losely !

latas sh!t down the place and they wanted tuh keep him on for another ten yrs, talkin all dat shyte about another coach would get the same results, like they forgot what happened the last time bermuda played us in T&T, and the last time we played barbados we drew?

all this BS talk bc carlos was playing out of position, wasn't keon daniel played out of position for most his international career, as for jovin jones, isn't he banned for breakin cerfew? some body needs to talk to these ole asses yes! bunch ah fackin losers!

i wanted to make ah foriegn call and rock dem unno... hoss when is the last time tnt held a clean sheet in 3 matches in a row? also we creating chances... we just not putting them away.. thats jones fault. I rather roberts play upfront than jones b.c he has more speed...

overall, i was pleased with the result on the road, knowing that bdos would put atleast 9 men behind the ball in their own half not easy to go threw that. the fact that bdos are also a physical side.. and the pitch didnt suit us at all.

good result bring on guyana.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »
All we have to do is win. Even if we win all of our remaining matches 1-0 we'll still top the group, regardless if Guyana beat B'dos 9-0.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
Them guys in the studio mad....talking bout another coach would have gotten the same result..like they forget just the other day we was losing to the fricking "spice boys"
That's a local team though, i honestly think our A team should put atleast 5 on all the teams in our group, However even saying that still backing we coach Otto only 2 games from a long long long time since our A team was together.

I also reckon when we get that LB situation settled out with Samuel o whoever and Edwards back on the right we going to see a big difference Edwards been our most important player for a long time now he being taken out of the game by this position...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:47:27 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »
Glad that T&T got the result. But let me remind some of yuh...... we just finish playing Bimshire. The real work will be in the game against Guyana and after. I think Guyana will give Bermuda more than 1. This means we need to make sure we beat Guyana both games.
How much yuh want tuh bet? bermuda beatin guyana and barbados, so we need tuh win all our games. watch and see how guyana getting turn over tonight, and if not, they will @ least draw the game , but GT not beatin bermuda, no way.

PS: if they do beat bermuda i will be extremely surprised.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
i do support the coach.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
Them guys in the studio mad....talking bout another coach would have gotten the same result..like they forget just the other day we was losing to the fricking "spice boys"
That's a local team though, i honestly think our A team should put atleast 5 on all the teams in our group, However even saying that still backing we coach Otto only 2 games from a long long long time since our A team was together.

I also reckon when we get that LB situation settled out with Samuel o whoever and Edwards back on the right we going to see a big difference Edwards been our most important player for a long time now he being taken out of the game by this position...

I was hoping we woulda give dem bout 5 as well...but we winning regardless.  I could understand if we lossed or even drew the match... Right now we have no choice but to be positive and hope we show some improvement in the games to come....
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »
Well it just shows that you cannot please everyone all the time or at the same time

If Butcher could only see beyond where his nose ends....maybe his head would explode with ideas.... :devil:

Or is he just another ageing dinosaurs......A relic of some ancient time

In his mind he is correct,so therefore it is right...... ???

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 06, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
Shout out to Just Cool, he's been calling for Roberts all de way to turkey, he boy in de team and setting up and scoring  :beermug:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 06, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »
Does anyone know,what Butcher comments was or were about Latts not giving Roberts a look
Thay way he has it for Otto,begs this question
Thanks

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 06, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »

Breds, the chances were created but the players didn't finish, who's fault is dat ? KJ missed three and birchal missed one, that's four potential goals right there, and we still won by two comfortable goals. what more allyuh want ??

PS: if allyuh know anything about the german brand, you would know that they do not concede a lot bc they pride themselves on defense, hence the reason we kept three clean sheets in ah row, when last did we accomplish that?  :waiting:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:04:57 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline richkoo64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 06, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago----2      Keon --1 -----20th minute      Roberts 1---69th minute
 Barbados---------------0

Offline richkoo64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
[]

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »

Breds, the chances were created but the players didn't finish, who's fault is dat ? KJ missed three and birchal missed one, that's four potential goals right there, and we still won by two comfortable goals. what more allyuh want ??

PS: if allyuh know anything about the german brand, you would know that they do not concede a lot bc they pride themselves on defense, hence the reason we kept three clean sheets in ah row, when last did we accomplish that?  :waiting:

Game against India doh count!! That was a fete match!!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
Shout out to Just Cool, he's been calling for Roberts all de way to turkey, he boy in de team and setting up and scoring  :beermug:
Kenwyn, whitley, and hyland is meh boy too. breds, i only call for roberts bc this guy was one of our best goal scoring option after stern john and it seemed like latas never heard of him, so hence the reason i was livid about his constant exclusion by latas and pancho.

as i said before, pancho was ah madman and latas was extremely clueless, i'm sooooo happy that we finally have ah sane insightful coach, and these ole schmucks wants tuh spoil the party by callin for the coaches head bc he played one man out of position when our main left back is unavailable @ the moment. ::)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:51:41 PM by just cool »

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
Two serious game in, it looks like the coach in putting a focus on building from the back - forward, and with a secondary goal of creating cohesiveness as the players play more with each other which is the right approach given that we haven't been very focused on fixing the defensive problems for many years. The forwards are concerning to me as I am not sure if Jones is an out and out finisher - with his height and jumping ability he has shown that he can beat most players on air balls, but on the ground I am still waiting to see the true striker ability. He brings his teammates into the game with passes, etc. but to progress against the likes of Costa Rica, Mexico, Guatemala and the US, we need another striker to step up during the early campaign and build a partnership with Jones.

Doh get me wrong, mid field is concerning, but with Edwards due (i hope) to be back at his right wing position at some point, and with Birchall and Daniel I think the outlook is a lot better than our ability to put away goal scoring chances that will be presented throughout the qualifying campaign.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
Socapro....Before India when last did we win a fete match... :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »

Breds, stop torturing yuh self nah, if yuh doh like what goin on wid the football just take ah rest from it, but the pessimism is ah real kill joy vibe, especially right after ah vital win.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
About 3 years ago a good pro-league team could beat Guyana. Now we fear to face them. Pfister's best XI should best Guyana comfortably by at least two clear goal and a clean sheet. They have nothing to match T&T offensively or in the middle of the park. Howard Lowe will marshall their defence, which may be decent, but nothing that KJ, Stern, Roberts or even Toussaint can't overcome. Half the BG national team still playing in the Pro-League. We beat them last November under Latapy starting a lot of young players like Kevin Molino, Jamal Gay, Daniel Cyrus, Joevin Jones, Yohance Marshall and Lester Peltier.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
Just saw the goals on Bajan TV, first goal was Keon played it to Kenwyne, who played in Keon behind the defense.  It was 2 on 0 and Keon took it himself by lifting it over the keeper.  Roberts goal was a cross from the left, Kenwyne headed it down, there was a scramble, and Roberts forced it over the line.

I'll try to get the highlights up soon

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »
Just saw the goals on Bajan TV, first goal was Keon played it to Kenwyne, who played in Keon behind the defense.  It was 2 on 0 and Keon took it himself by lifting it over the keeper.  Roberts goal was a cross from the left, Kenwyne headed it down, there was a scramble, and Roberts forced it over the line.

I'll try to get the highlights up soon

so the bajans had a camera crew at the match, but could not televise the match, nor did all sport make a serious attempt to televise the game and send a crew. >:(

the ttff and all sport are jokers

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »

Breds, stop torturing yuh self nah, if yuh doh like what goin on wid the football just take ah rest from it, but the pessimism is ah real kill joy vibe, especially right after ah vital win.

ill have to agree with JC here
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 06, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
any highlights

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 06, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »
Two serious game in, it looks like the coach in putting a focus on building from the back - forward, and with a secondary goal of creating cohesiveness as the players play more with each other which is the right approach given that we haven't been very focused on fixing the defensive problems for many years. The forwards are concerning to me as I am not sure if Jones is an out and out finisher - with his height and jumping ability he has shown that he can beat most players on air balls, but on the ground I am still waiting to see the true striker ability. He brings his teammates into the game with passes, etc. but to progress against the likes of Costa Rica, Mexico, Guatemala and the US, we need another striker to step up during the early campaign and build a partnership with Jones.

Doh get me wrong, mid field is concerning, but with Edwards due (i hope) to be back at his right wing position at some point, and with Birchall and Daniel I think the outlook is a lot better than our ability to put away goal scoring chances that will be presented throughout the qualifying campaign.

Yuh definitely wouldn't see it in two games. BTW jones is also great with his feet, he showed it @ southhampton, sunderland and is doing it @ stoke, plus he's scored with his feet against the best keeprs in the prem, reiner, gomez, and jaskerlinen.

allyuh need tuh be ah bit more realistic, we're no brazil and our talent is marginal, so lets not get besides ourselves. :yawning:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
Socapro....Before India when last did we win a fete match... :devil:

Before India when last did we play a fete match?... :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »

Yuh definitely wouldn't see it in two games. BTW jones is also great with his feet, he showed it @ southhampton, sunderland and is doing it @ stoke, plus he's scored with his feet against the best keeprs in the prem, reiner, gomez, and jaskerlinen.

allyuh need tuh be ah bit more realistic, we're no brazil and our talent is marginal, so lets not get besides ourselves. :yawning:

All I saying here breds is that we can't fool ourselves and think that Jones is the next Dwight Yorke. He is a marquee player for us and for good reason, but you have finishers/strikers and you have good forwards, Jones is a forward but not necessarily a world class striker like Yorke was for a period of his career. So when you don't have a clear goal scorer you need your two forwards to jointly pickup the goal scoring slack

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 06, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
I listened at length to the post match commentary.... The underlying issue with folks like Butcher and Vidale is the amount of money being paid to Pfister and its covered in everything they say with regard to critiquing the performance of the team. Dese men feel like they have put in years of work in building the sport and a foreigner can come in and probably earn in a month more than the two of them did in a lifetime. An ugly jealousy that is very clear to me. There was a similar tone with Beenie as well. You can argue the actual achievements of Butcher and Vidale but the reality is what it is and they will use their voices on air to display their resentment regardless of how well the coach does.

With regard to KJ, i think his real value will show when we actually have to face the top teams in concacaf where opportunities will be at a premium and we will have to try and exploit set pieces and other dead ball situations. Given our inability to properly prepare my only requirement in this preliminary round is to win these games. Just the fact we can get our top professionals together for a full week of work with some games is a big big plus, to be honest we have not had this kind of full compliment since pre 2006.

The opposition over this group stage is just what we need to prepare for the next round. We will be challenged enough to ensure we work out the kinks but we have enough quality in our ranks to get the results needed
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 06, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
Ecuador 4 - 0 Costa Rica. This is the same Costa Rica that just defeated USA.
By the way, Jamaica lost 5-2 to this Ecuador team last Friday on Quito. USA lost 0-1 today to Belgium.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 06, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

The fact that Antigua beat USVI 8 - 1 away from home and we are supposed to be better than them means that I cannot be happy with a 2 - 0 win over Barbados!

When the coach starts playing our players in their best positions and the strikers start putting their easy chances away then I will be satisfied and stop complaining. Note I am not knocking the coach yet! For now I just knocking the players for throwing away so many chances!! If the team loses against these softer opponents then I’ll start knocking the coach but so far he is doing okay in my book!

What is worrying is the fact that if we slip up against Guyana then we could be relying on goal difference to decide who are winners of our group. We need to be grabbing the opportunity to rack up the goals against our weaker opponents in our wc qualification drive!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:26:47 PM by Socapro »

Offline Cityman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 06, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the World Cup qualifying game vs Barbados (September-6th) in Barbados will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Live Links.
i95.5fm.
Good night two games Six points not bad from the warriors
Possible TV Viewing.
To be updated.

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
1.Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), 21.Anthony Warner (Wellington Phoenix).

Defenders
6.Julius James (Columbus Crew), 20.Seon Power (North East Stars), 4.Akeem Adams (T&TEC), 17.Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Carlyle Mitchell (Joe Public).

Midfielders
11.Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town), 5.Andre Boucard (York City), 8.Khaleem Hyland (KRC Genk), 7.Christopher Birchall (LA Galaxy), 3.Jake Thomson (Kettering Town), 13.Lester Peltier (AS Trencin), 19.Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union), 2.Clyde Leon (Deportiva Itagui), 10.Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA).

Forwards
9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (Stoke City), 12.Darryl Roberts (North East Stars), Andre Toussaint (Joe Public).

Head Coach
Otto Pfister (Germany).

Barbados Squad:

Goalkeepers
1.Jason Boxill (Paradise SC), Bentley Springer (Technico).

Defenders
2.Barry Skette (capt) (Barbados Defence Force), 4.Omar Archer (Brittons Hill), 6.Kadeem Atkins, 7.Carl Joseph (Notre Dame), 12.Jason Lovell (Barbados Defence Force), Ramuel Miller (Weymouth Wales), Jonathan Straker (Barbados Defence Force).

Midfielders
8.Renaldo Marques (Gall Hill), 10.Norman Forde (Youth Milan FC), 17.Louis Moss (Wrexham), Mario Harte.

Forwards
9.Riviere Williams (Brittons Hill), 14.Kyle Gibson (Notre Dame), 16.Dwayne Mars (Quinnipiac Bobcats), 13.Craig Worell, 15.Jonathan Nurse (Dagenham & Redbridge).

Head Coach
Colin Forde (Barbados)

More updates to follow so keep checking back.
JusChrist

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »

The fact that Antigua beat USVI 8 - 1 away from home and we are supposed to be better than them means that I cannot be happy with a 2 - 0 win over Barbados!

When the coach starts playing our players in their best positions and the strikers start putting their easy chances then I will be satisfied and stop complaining. Note I am not knocking the coach yet! For now I just knocking the players for throwing away so many chances!! I the team loses then I’ll start knocking the coach but so far he is doing okay in my book!

What is worrying is the fact that if we slip up against Guyana then we could be relying on goal difference to decide who are winners of our group. We need to be grabbing the opportunity to rack up the goals against our weakest opponents in our wc qualification drive!

I dunno why allyuh beating up allyuh self nah. We play the teams we have to play. If we good enough we will get the results and progress. I can't be concerned with the results of teams not even in our group.

If we come up against Guyana and can't get the results we need then we simply are not good enough and will watch the rest of the proceedings from the sidelines.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:24:17 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>