June 08, 2024, 11:33:56 AM

Author Topic: FIFA U17 World Cup 2015  (Read 101330 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship Thread.
« Reply #390 on: March 06, 2015, 07:05:32 AM »

Just another day in TnT football against better teams in CONCACAF. From the youth level to the senior level we continue to see bad results. Beating Caribbean opposition is NOT progress simply because the Caribbean region is behind Central America

You are correct the Caribbean region is behind Latin and Central America, however is the path to progress being unsuccessful against other Caribbean teams?

Capturing maximum points(very ambitious maybe fantasy) over the next two games would show some progress for a us as we qualified last for this tournament based on goal difference.

We can only go up from here

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2015, 07:39:41 AM »

De only going up we going up is in age.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2015, 07:42:33 AM »

Just another day in TnT football against better teams in CONCACAF. From the youth level to the senior level we continue to see bad results. Beating Caribbean opposition is NOT progress simply because the Caribbean region is behind Central America

You are correct the Caribbean region is behind Latin and Central America, however is the path to progress being unsuccessful against other Caribbean teams?

Capturing maximum points(very ambitious maybe fantasy) over the next two games would show some progress for a us as we qualified last for this tournament based on goal difference.

we were not prepared simple as that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
Yet, people were expecting them to win. Foolish.
The Minister said the Coach and the ttfa did an excellent job in preparing this team. Foolish.
From the grassroots to the SSFL to the Super League to the Pro League to all the national teams, there are common factors that tie everything together. I am talking about poor coaching, poor preparation, non-existence of a development program, no accountability, no one accepting responsibility for the continuous saga in football, the fiasco perpertrated upon these kids time and time again, not to mention the old men and dinosaur thinking that's ruling football in the country. All of those elements that sew a wicked web of poor quality football are etched into the fabric of every level of football in the country so much so that it is manifesting itself in the poor results you are witnessing on the international stage. Yes, I am oversimplyfying things because to elaborate in details the underlying elements at work preventing any real development of the sport in Trinidad and Tobago would take up too much space.
How Cornmeal and Vranes were able to coach those teams to the Youth World Cups can be attributed to one man and not because of their remarkable coaching skills. Yeah, I am being sarcastic about it so you don't have to wonder.
While Cornmeal was unimpressive, ineffective and insignificant as the federation's technical director, Vranes will get his chance to prove me wrong when his version of the Sharks come up against teams, not from the deadbeat pro league, in the CCL Championship.
I woke up this morning and the truth was still apparent, the team was still winless. I started to wonder, where and how did Cooper and King and all the other youth national team coaches get their licenses? Something got lost in the translation between the coaching course and these coaches abilities to translate what they learned into positive results on the field. Someone has to accept blame and responsibility for this fiasco because when the team wins everyone wants to take credit for the success of the team. Instead of teaching kids how not to lose, it is high time that someone start teaching them how to win.
Victory loves preparation.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:40:13 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »
Yet, people were expecting them to win. Foolish.
The Minister said the Coach and the ttfa did an excellent job in preparing this team. Foolish.
From the grassroots to the SSFL to the Super League to the Pro League to all the national teams, there are common factors that tie everything together. I am talking about poor coaching, poor preparation, non-existence of a development program, no accountability, no one accepting responsibility for the continuous saga in football, the fiasco perpertrated upon these kids time and time again, not to mention the old men and dinosaur thinking that's ruling football in the country. All of those elements that sew a wicked web of poor quality football are etched into the fabric of every level of football in the country so much so that it is manifesting itself in the poor results you are witnessing on the international stage. Yes, I am oversimplyfying things because to elaborate in details the underlying elements at work preventing any real development of the sport in Trinidad and Tobago would take up too much space.
How Cornmeal and Vranes were able to coach those teams to the Youth World Cups can be attributed to one man and not because of their remarkable coaching skills. Yeah, I am being sarcastic about it so you don't have to wonder.
While Cornmeal was unimpressive, ineffective and insignificant as the federation's technical director, Vranes will get his chance to prove me wrong when his version of the Sharks come up against teams, not from the deadbeat pro league, in the CCL Championship.
I woke up this morning and the truth was still apparent, the team was still winless. I started to wonder, where and how did Cooper and King and all the other youth national team coaches get their licenses? Something got lost in the translation between the coaching course and these coaches abilities to translate what they learned into positive results on the field. Someone has to accept blame and responsibility for this fiasco because when the team wins everyone wants to take credit for the success of the team. Instead of teaching kids how not to lose, it is high time that someone start teaching them how to win.
Victory loves preparation.

We can only go up from here.

This will give us good experience.

The players are still young support them.

The coach didn't have enough time with the players.

The TTFA did what it could.

Be positive the players read the forum.

T&T don't have talent like long time anymore.

The coach-man trying he best.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
Jamaica Under-17 players injured after freak hotel lift accident in Honduras

Nine Jamaica Under-17 players were involved in a freak lift accident at the team’s hotel in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, which left several needing treatment.

The players, in Honduras for the Concacaf Under-17 Championship, reportedly entered the lift on the third floor of the Hilton Princess hotel. The lift then plummeted down to the car park on the ground floor, with players having to crawl out of the wreckage.

The head of Jamaica’s delegation, Garfield Fuller, told the Jamaica Observer that two of the players, Demar James and Deshane Beckford, were taken to hospital for x-rays, but that the injuries sustained appeared to be minor.

“The players are pretty scared and frightened and one player mentioned it was like a heart attack because of the pace at which the elevator crashed to the ground,” said Fuller. “We just give God thanks that we didn’t experience the worst.”

Jamaica’s FA president, Captain Horace Burrell, said he had sought legal advice. “I am leaving nothing to chance and will be contacting our legal team because it’s not the fault of the players and we want to be responsible.

“We want to ensure that the players’ welfare is looked after down the road if an injury is experienced and can be substantiated because of this … I don’t want to leave them out on a limb, so I am taking legal steps to ensure that the players’ interests are being protected in a comprehensive way.”

The hotel’s general manager, Anthony Corbin, told the paper: “We were taken aback with what happened and have expressed our concern and also are not shying away from our responsibility in respect to the incident … We are not taking the position to cover up any of this because it’s a reality. We have taken the corrective measure because we are concerned about our guests’ safety. That comes first, so we will be taking the necessary action.

“I hope [we] will be given the opportunity to continue to take care of the team. We have been doing well up to that point, so we will continue to do so or even do better. I can only say that again, we are very sorry that occurred.”
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »
Wow, praise nothing serious eh happen to this kids. Jah Bless!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »
Wow!!! Thank God that this incident with the youths from Jamaica did not have a tragic ending!

On another note we cyar talk small talk like the youths and them is still babies- darn at that age I was playing second division among men with GreyHound Dovers in Sando!!

And secondly if the youths from the Latin countries could play to a level beyond ours then age is. Not a factor for ability- yes we have to look at : coaching preparation and some onus also has to be placed on the mental and physical readiness  of the players.  Yuh cyar teach determination, attitude, will and  a desire  to succeed- a work ethic  in conjunction with all those things come with a player
'S discipline to diet training and willingness to improve beyond practicing with the coach.  Accountability beings with the individual. Coaches and technical directors doh play the game but they do have. Or should have the capacity to motivate and to influence players in a way that the players' talents  could exceed his grasp.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
Now we should have no problem beatin dem....nine yutes damage..should be a easy tree points..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2015, 11:12:48 PM »
Now we should have no problem beatin dem....nine yutes damage..should be a easy tree points..

Breds, that is real condescending.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 06, 2015, 11:17:12 PM »
Wow!!! Thank God that this incident with the youths from Jamaica did not have a tragic ending!

On another note we cyar talk small talk like the youths and them is still babies- darn at that age I was playing second division among men with GreyHound Dovers in Sando!!

And secondly if the youths from the Latin countries could play to a level beyond ours then age is. Not a factor for ability- yes we have to look at : coaching preparation and some onus also has to be placed on the mental and physical readiness  of the players.  Yuh cyar teach determination, attitude, will and  a desire  to succeed- a work ethic  in conjunction with all those things come with a player
'S discipline to diet training and willingness to improve beyond practicing with the coach.  Accountability beings with the individual. Coaches and technical directors doh play the game but they do have. Or should have the capacity to motivate and to influence players in a way that the players' talents  could exceed his grasp.
Greyhound Dovers! Man that was a great lil sports club from Sando. Great basketball and Track and field also.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 07, 2015, 06:30:26 AM »

Breds, that is real condescending.

This asshole call himself a coach?
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 07, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »
How else allyuh expect us to get points..ent allyuh done show sympathy ..allyuh want me to do de same ..it is what it is... now fuh de tree pts.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
U-17 Reggae Boyz wager all today...Tackle rivals T&T for play-off spot in CONCACAF tourney
By Howard Walker (Jamaica Observer)

amaica Under-17s will go into battle against their fierce Caribbean rivals Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) today at the Estadio Francisco Morazan at 4:00 pm Jamaican time, knowing a win will put them on the cusp of a CONCACAF Championship play-off spot.

A victory for Jamaica and a drawn result between Guatemala and Cuba will send Jamaica into the play-off round regardless of the outcome between the United States of America (USA) and Honduras today.

The Americans lead the group with nine points ahead of Honduras on seven points, while Jamaica are on four. Guatemala are fourth on three points, just ahead of Cuba on two, with T&T pointless at the bottom.

Anything but a win for Jamaica could be disastrous, and head coach Andrew Edwards is cognisant of the fact.

Despite Trinidad and Tobago's poor run in which they lost all three games - 1-4 to Guatemala and 0-2 to both USA and Honduras, Edwards expects a real fight on his hand.

"A victory with favourable results could actually qualify us for the play-offs, so we want to do that. But we know it will be difficult because the Jamaica/Trinidad rivalry is the biggest in Caribbean football," Edwards noted.

He continued: "Before the tournament started, the Trinidad coach, a friend of mine, pointed out to me that Jamaica has never beaten Trinidad at this level. After losing to Honduras, he said he has played his three toughest matches to date and he is certain that he will be going home with six points."

"I am pretty certain that they are coming all guns blazing to get some points on the board and Jamaica is the team they want it from. So we have to stand up strongly and prevent that from happening," said Edwards.

The young Reggae Boyz had a training session yesterday morning at the Rancho Tara facility and once again defender Ajeanie Talbott had to sit out the greater part of the session after picking up a knock during one of the drills. Whether he will start the game or not is left to be seen.

Creative midfielder Alex Marshall had a stiff neck, but that was taken care of by physiotherapist Garone Brown during training.

Edwards was largely happy with yesterday's training session.

"The training session went really good for us. We did some work on the attacking options because we really need to score some goals. So we worked from midfield build up through to finishing.

"(We also did some) dead ball situations, corners and penalties. But all in all, I think it went well, so we are very happy with that," Edwards pointed out.

"The energy from the boys and the enthusiasm and excitement seen from them look really good and promising. So we are buoyed by that and we are looking forward to tomorrow's (today's) game where we are expecting a very favourable result," he added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2015, 02:40:22 PM »
Cooper  SMFH    :banginghead:  :frustrated:

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2015, 03:11:16 PM »
Anybody have a link?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »
T&T 0 vs JA 1 39'  Vassell

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2015, 03:49:44 PM »
T&T 1 vs JA 1 43' Powder

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »
T&T 1 vs JA 2 Adamolekun 48'

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »
I was watching the game but lost the feed...anyway all I saw was a tactical error made by the coach in that he had his team playing high but not really mounting any purposeful attack...I don't see why ..especially since it's during  time added on.

The Jamaicans were much better at linking midfield with forwards especially on the counter...which resulted in a goal.

I have not been able to recover the feed but it looks as though Cooper will lose this one too.

The biggest problem going forward is lack of deep, effective penetration.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »
Two goals in 4 matches; (1) from left wing back and (1) from right wing back.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2015, 05:37:40 PM »
FT   T&T 1   Jamaica 5

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »
I was watching the game but lost the feed...anyway all I saw was a tactical error made by the coach in that he had his team playing high but not really mounting any purposeful attack...I don't see why ..especially since it's during  time added on.

The Jamaicans were much better at linking midfield with forwards especially on the counter...which resulted in a goal.

I have not been able to recover the feed but it looks as though Cooper will lose this one too.

The biggest problem going forward is lack of deep, effective penetration.

We have shown that it does not matter who we play against we approach the game the same way. You can see that JA was very prepared for us, be weren't prepared for them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2015, 05:53:51 PM »
FT   T&T 1   Jamaica 5

Sorry to hear this. I was hoping we salvaged points in this game and the one to come. At the very minimum, these players have received exposure on a higher stage. Let's harness that.

Also, I imagine some of them are suffering through the learning curve. We have to protect them in this as well. The work is not done when the final whistle blows in San Pedro Sula.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2015, 08:10:56 PM »
Youth football is a bit different from the seniors...is all about instilling confidence and helping them do what they can do best.

From the little I saw which was only time added on at end of the first 45mins I didn't see a Jamaica team that was five goals better than us..what I saw were tactical errors..I saw forwards making runs but not getting the pass..and a midfield that was having difficulty on both sides of the ball.

The tactical decision to try to squeeze the Jamaicans to the midfield at that stage in the game was ill advised...I feel the result would have been different if the halftime score was 1-1.

A team that lost all their games and going in to the dressing room losing at half-time could wreak havoc on the mental of some players.

The Coach is always in panic mode on the sidelines ...that also doesn't sit well with the players on the field and on the bench...so I say it is time to get a new coach for these young players...they are too important.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »
FT   T&T 1   Jamaica 5

Sorry to hear this. I was hoping we salvaged points in this game and the one to come. At the very minimum, these players have received exposure on a higher stage. Let's harness that.

Also, I imagine some of them are suffering through the learning curve. We have to protect them in this as well. The work is not done when the final whistle blows in San Pedro Sula.

So wait nah - we youths are the only one who have ah learning curve? Steups  all the youth men and dem from the other countries on a. Straight pathway and we still lagging at the curves- why?

On another note we cyar talk small talk like the youths and them is still babies-

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
this is for the coaches of trinidad and tobago http://soccerhelp.com/Soccer_Positions.shtml

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »
Our coaches idea of motivation is taking away cell phones and lap tops from players & belittling players in front the team. Cooper eh have ah F@#king clue. Let's see who he blames when they get back. That's if the Press Officer still working.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2015, 09:41:02 PM »
5 - 1 eh!!! Nice one Cooper. Way to motivate your players.
Just a couple days ago, nine Jamaican players were involved in a freak accident that could have cause them their lives and limbs, yet they were able to shake that off, put it behind them and focus on the task ahead. They just layeth the smacketh down on your candy ass.
That, Mr. Cooper, is what I call motivating your players. Pay Coach Edwards what you owe him.

President Tiny Toons, I finally understand the strategy behind the development program. Send a bunch of poorly trained, underprepared kids into a tournament to impale themselves on their own sword after they humiliate themselves on the battle field while suffering the indecency of being looked at as the girls of the tournament and then call it "a useful exercise" in preparation for the next u20 tournament. All of you associated with this current ttfa administration's reign should be shot with shit.

Mr. Cooper, if you and the idiots running the ttfa have any class and intelligence at all, you will apologize to these kids, to the parents of these kids and to the fans of the beautiful game for putting us through this absolutely humiliating experience. Where in the f#%king world did you get your coaching license? And why oh why, would you accept a job to lead a bunch of poorly trained and underprepared young men into battle? If the ttfa never pays you, don't complain.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:59:16 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>