May 28, 2024, 07:06:31 PM

Author Topic: Fire Maturana now and stop pulling stones!!!  (Read 53314 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Maturana now
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
Folks,

I not sure of making comparisons with past eras is required in assessing the situation. Consider the present situation of our team. I have watched these players over the callendar year

I dont want to sing the same song as everybody about team selection etc but the truth is the truth. While i know the pool of 'quality' talent is very small so we will have to utilize players who may not play week in week out for their domestic team. But the fact that we have so many unattached players in our ranks is a bit troublesome.

One of the reasons why we have a domestic league is that the top players can feed into the national team but the reality is quite converse to this, the fact that the mainstays of the locally based national team have actually featured much less for their clubs is more worrying than anything else, the fact that the senior players Whitley and Glen have issues with their clubs with respect to training and the deterioration of the play of our more promising players Hyland and Daniel over the course of this year. If these guys are so good then why are they unattached. I find that one hard to swallow. I read the Liburd article about his pro league 'all stars' and outside of Wolfe, Thomas there was no mention of any other national squad members. I know we have had a heavy international schedule but i saw nowhere in that article regularity of playing being a selection criteria but rather quality in performing the role required.

The fact that we have probably had a friendly at least once a month with qualifiers inbetween is hiding the fact that even these unattached players who are somehow hoping for this dream contract abroad have shown good promise early but have fallen off quite a bit.

But then again how effective will a new person coaching the team be?

If you have to remove a head coach then now is actually the best time to do so with the time before the hex to begin a preparation program for the players available but the domestic league is finishing this month so anyone new cannot scout for themselves and will have to rely on those 'same' individuals who recommend players to the technical staff.

These supposed 'negotiations' with Russell Latapy who probably would be the most logical choice if the head coach was removed sounds very embryonic and I guess we will have to see how it progresses if at all.

I find it hard to take not being in the Gold Cup being one of the few times we are allowed by FIFA to have a full strength team together to train and play for an extended period. I hope we could somehow get a back door pass as a guest team cause we need the practice.

What concerns me the most in the move ahead is that we actually have a smaller foreign based pool to draw from this time around and we actually have to rely on local based players to get us through.

Some teams have a problem in terms of personnel, others have problems with preparation, others have problems with administrative infrastructure. Ours unfortunately is a combination of all three.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:54:21 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
I am disappointed in the results of our team in the digicel cup but at the end of the day our main objective is qualifying for the world cup.  Although maturana has a strange selection style and some poor results (i.e. bermuda, digicel cup), the team is in de Hex because of some good results (i.e. USA, Cuba, Guatemala).

He could have certainly used the digicel cup to prove that locals such as seon power, akile edwards and others are ready for international football but he didn't maximise the opportunity.

People could argue a draw against jamaica was a good result but keep in mind jamaica had nothing to play for.

Once maturana produce good results in the first 2 games in the hex he should be kept as coach. Poor results, he could go lime with Wim.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »
So u waitin 4 d 1st 2 games in d hex 2 get rid ah he. Talk bout closing d stabble after d horse done gallopin down d street. D team eh playin good since he take ovah, players eh gettin pick because dey disruptive, anybody who reach in d juzzy room 1st playin u eh know at no pt what team playin.

No coachin plan, no plan 2 build a team far less team spirit but give him 2 games in d hex.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »
Obviously the inclusion of our best foreign based players will produce better results. However considering the lack of organisation of the defense ,coordination in the attack and the ability to even maintain possession indicates a lack of preparation. Not just in this tournament but throughout the Colombian's tenure with our National Team. Not withstanding the fact that he is being influenced by a dunce his tactical decisions on match day leave a lot to be desired. It often seems that there is no plan at all and players are left to wing it until something positive happens.

I think Maturana is a lucky goat.

Even a local based T&T team should properly deal with the likes of Grenada and Bermuda (this match is conveniently forgotten by the Maturana hatchet men). The fact is the critical results that we thankfully achieved this year were the earned by the leadership and sterling service shown by our seniors. It's a different team when they're around.

And Palos don't forget that we are all fans of T&T football . There is nothing I would have wanted more than for us to bring the trophy home. I really doubt men so immature to want T&T to get knock out so we could buss Mats throat. The fact is we play shit and we've been playing shit for a while now. Maybe you didn't realise that Grenada flattened Barbados today and we couldn't control any part of the game against them. Just thinking about the fact that T&T is not even in the top 4 in the Caribbean is infuriating.

Jah Gol...i say the same thing...just say you coaching ah team with the best players in the world...and during the game the forward pelling shot over bar...and the defend lackin in the back...how could you win

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »
I doh care what nobody say,in my mind there is a BIG difference between a prepared, organized team lacking talent and an unprepared team that is also lacking talent. Beenhaker didn't teach man to trap de facking ball. He made sure they knew where they had to be and when they had to be there. Holl Maturana dutty so and so. We team looking like a fete match team with de first eleven to reach starting

Yuh not comparin similar situations breddrin.

On the one occasion Beenhakker had less than the FULL T&T team to work with, i.e. No Dwight Yorke, Carlos Edwards, or Russel Latapy we FAILED to progress out of the Gold Cup preliminary round in 2005.

Both Wim & Maturana had pretty much total local squads to work with.  Even in that tournament mentioned above, Beenie had Kelvin Jack, Dennis Lawrence, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Avery John, Aurtis Whitley, Stern John, and Jason Scotland in his starting XI.  The MAJORITY of our best players at the time with arguably our best ever coach were there and THEY couldn't get the job done.

Beenie didn't have th luxury to teach anybody fundamentals.  He had a short time frame to work with and he picked the best players he felt we had at our disposal.  Beenie's and Maturana's situations are completely different.
Watch out PALOS coming to make you drink COBO Koolaid ahhhhhhh ,run for your life and doh drink he koolaide.

[
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:53:00 AM by Quagmire »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
So u waitin 4 d 1st 2 games in d hex 2 get rid ah he. Talk bout closing d stabble after d horse done gallopin down d street. D team eh playin good since he take ovah, players eh gettin pick because dey disruptive, anybody who reach in d juzzy room 1st playin u eh know at no pt what team playin.

No coachin plan, no plan 2 build a team far less team spirit but give him 2 games in d hex.
Weary , in all seriousness, why yuh didn't like maturana from the begining? is it something that he did? just curious to know.

as for me, i used to be really optimistic about this guy, but now i want him gone only BC of his team selection policy which happen's to be worst than my old high school coach mad man king.

he leaves out players like avery ,cyd, julius,osie,lawrence and daryl for fellas like makkan, aklie, clyde leon, wolf,baptiste, stephen david and toussant. any time ah coach is that clueless he should be fired. i'm sure anton have ah hand in the fella selection process aswell, hope he gets fired too!!!!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 09:59:44 PM »
Palos, I not in a position to say fire Maturana or not to fire Maturana. That of course depends on who yuh plan to replace him with and yuh conviction that better will be done by his successor. I am simply watching with my 2 eyes as a player and coach from de games that I have seen. This team has not shown any organization in these games. I'm not going off win-loss like some people. These players have gotten too many chances, whether it be national team games or some kinda concacaf club games, to show that they can compete physically and mentally with international level players. Granted we have some fellas that wouldn't be around a quality national setup, for large portions of our recent games we are lost in terms of tactics and positional play, etc. We have talent in some areas and that has gotten some decent results, but that cannot be what we have to rely on. I don't see the need to compare the qualities of Wim, Bertille, Mats, or even Beenie as they all have traits that can be appreciated and others than can be condemned. The main thing is that the job of a coach is to take the group he is working with and make them the best functional unit they can be. I see no evidence that Mats is doing that currently. Whether we can get someone to do a better job is up to JW, not me. We have had some good wins as well as some bad losses, but the question " if we have our team prepared in the best possible manner would the odds of more good wins and less bad losses get better? " begs to be asked.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:06:45 PM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 10:01:35 PM »
Obviously the inclusion of our best foreign based players will produce better results. However considering the lack of organisation of the defense ,coordination in the attack and the ability to even maintain possession indicates a lack of preparation. Not just in this tournament but throughout the Colombian's tenure with our National Team. Not withstanding the fact that he is being influenced by a dunce his tactical decisions on match day leave a lot to be desired. It often seems that there is no plan at all and players are left to wing it until something positive happens.

Even a local based T&T team should properly deal with the likes of Grenada and Bermuda (this match is conveniently forgotten by the Maturana hatchet men). The fact is the critical results that we thankfully achieved this year were the earned by the leadership and sterling service shown by our seniors. It's a different team when they're around.

And Palos don't forget that we are all fans of T&T football . There is nothing I would have wanted more than for us to bring the trophy home. I really doubt men so immature to want T&T to get knock out so we could buss Mats throat. The fact is we play shit and we've been playing shit for a while now. Maybe you didn't realise that Grenada flattened Barbados today and we couldn't control any part of the game against them. Just thinking about the fact that T&T is not even in the top 4 in the Caribbean is infuriating.

Jah Gol...i say the same thing...just say you coaching ah team with the best players in the world...and during the game the forward pelling shot over bar...and the defend lackin in the back...how could you win
CORRECT!!! avram grant had ah winning record last season , came 2nd to man-u and still got axed! the bottom line is mats ain't doing too bad , but we could do much much better than that despite his winning record!! just look @ what became of avram grant despite a winning record!                                     
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:07:41 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »
From ash wed 2 d last game v Guyana d team neva look good. D set ah dotish selections apart u neva c any plan. As I say nuff times I watchin football since Latas in 83 I eh claim 2 b no expert but I grow up on Big League Soccer on a sat and Serie A on a sunday. Nuff intercol, Latas under 19, Nixon under 16 when we beat US in d preliminary round and then get licks d next wk neva 4got dat blond boi who was pressure.

So when I C a hound I Know a houndo. In comparision 2 meh man Wim d 1st game v B'dos Patriot boi Sealy tata down heself and dat was it 4 he. U actually saw progress wit d team. Dey grew from strength 2 strength. B4 d GC we came back and beat Haiti. Went 2 d WC and draw 1 gameagain we eh look bad.

Then d so call altercation wit LP and dis fool is d coach. God doh bless mess so we have a right 2 b in d mess we in. We had continuity 4 d 1st time but because he eh do JW biddin he laughin hard in Holland
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »
He was supposed to be fired after the 0-0 draw vs Guadeloupe on Feb 6th 2008

If this guy isnt sacked before the Hex... it is obvious he is here for personal reasons or he real cheap

For the people that wants him to continue...go wash your face then take a long hard look in the mirror..then kindly shoot your f**king self

c**ts

:rotfl: 
Yah have to remember these men are part of C.O.B.O.S - Colombians Organizing Backward Outdated Soccer. 
they prefer to sacrifice we own players who not suppose to be there in the 1st place than the Grand Cobo himself ...All hail the Mighty cobo .
Touches is the Press Secretary,he have to give the report .All yah know who the President is .
Fire Muturana  forthwith ,it still have time to get a good coach Jack.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:09:48 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »
Fire him for what?

Missing more than 5 clear cut chances against Grenada and conceeding a flukey goal in injury time?  allyuh serious?  That is de coach fault?

Steups!!

We just draw with Jamaica in Jamaica, does that result count for anything?  

The players are paying for not taking the game against Greanda seriously......simply as that!!

If you look at the quotes from some of the players before that first game, it was evident that they thought that it would be a walk in the park!!

We in the Hex and ah love it!!

REMEMBER THESE RESULTS

TT 3 vs cuba 1 in cuba - Excellent result to start off the group

TT 1 vs Guat 1 in Trinidad - we dominated that game totally and should have won easily.

TT 0 vs Guat 0 in guat - Magnificent result given we played with 10 men, we dominated when we had 11.

TT 2 vs USA 1 in Tri - Under no circumstances we beat them in qualifying before but we did under Matas.

Some of allyuh have tuh stop looking at one side of the coin!!

nb: JahGol, Greanda flattened Bdos, but jamaica only beat them with an injury time penalty kick.......football doh work so.

:rotfl: yah picking up Arrow style now ,ent lol .

He geh ah couple man tie up like market crab.  :D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »
Q ah lil slow who is d prez

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
lol weary ,Ah fraid to say  ,but I know Frico is media relations officer ....and unless Andre start another Fantasy League ,for he alone ,he in it to .
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:18:07 AM by Quagmire »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2008, 11:05:03 PM »
Send me a PM

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2008, 11:12:15 PM »
Ha ..ok ,we only have this picture of him ,remember look out for them cobos ,they usually start circling after we get kill .
http://www.jibjab.com/view/49980

Mats must go.We now ranked..what.. 4th in the W.I .how much money does jack lose ,by not going to the gold cup ?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:50:11 AM by Quagmire »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »
Kool aide drinker

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2008, 05:00:47 AM »
I real enjoying this show....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2008, 06:59:12 AM »

CORRECT!!! avram grant had ah winning record last season , came 2nd to man-u and still got axed! the bottom line is mats ain't doing too bad , but we could do much much better than that despite his winning record!! just look @ what became of avram grant despite a winning record!                                     

yo! good point about the Avram Grant situtaion but i feel the English national coach situation more matches what we have going on, look i for one always believe dat England could be much better than dey were (yes even in WC 06) but dey-also-had ah CLOWN at de helm! Capello come and wid de same pool ah players, is different results....ah know is a stretch to compare we wid England eh but i think ah make meh point.

additionally, men could talk all kinda roundabout stupidness and find excuses/reasons for retaining dis ass, but seriously when teams like bermuda and grenada could beat we wid no-name coaches (stating de obvious), something effing wrong! and we suppose to have ah coach wid WC pedigree??? i will be checking the forum all day hoping to see ah headline saying something like"Socawarriors head coach fired!" dais is how I feel!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:01:33 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2008, 07:29:07 AM »
Palos, I not in a position to say fire Maturana or not to fire Maturana. That of course depends on who yuh plan to replace him with and yuh conviction that better will be done by his successor. I am simply watching with my 2 eyes as a player and coach from de games that I have seen. This team has not shown any organization in these games. I'm not going off win-loss like some people. These players have gotten too many chances, whether it be national team games or some kinda concacaf club games, to show that they can compete physically and mentally with international level players. Granted we have some fellas that wouldn't be around a quality national setup, for large portions of our recent games we are lost in terms of tactics and positional play, etc. We have talent in some areas and that has gotten some decent results, but that cannot be what we have to rely on. I don't see the need to compare the qualities of Wim, Bertille, Mats, or even Beenie as they all have traits that can be appreciated and others than can be condemned. The main thing is that the job of a coach is to take the group he is working with and make them the best functional unit they can be. I see no evidence that Mats is doing that currently. Whether we can get someone to do a better job is up to JW, not me. We have had some good wins as well as some bad losses, but the question " if we have our team prepared in the best possible manner would the odds of more good wins and less bad losses get better? " begs to be asked.

That statement alone tells me you are indecisive and as such would make or are an awful coach. Maturana can be replaced by any of the top three local coaches and it would be an improvement.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2008, 07:30:41 AM »
Oh BTW peeps where is that asshole Coops. Conveniently hiding of course.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:00:40 AM by sub1 »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »

Personally i doh like his selection policy but I can't really argue with him because he got us to the Hex.  Football is about results, in the past we played "attractive" football and lost, now we playing crap but getting decent results.

If you were to fire him, what would be your reasons besides yuh just doh like de man?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2008, 09:45:12 AM »
Personally i doh like his selection policy but I can't really argue with him because he got us to the Hex.  Football is about results, in the past we played "attractive" football and lost, now we playing crap but getting decent results.

Like against Grenada in the Digicel & JA when we needed a must win to get us to the Gold Cup?
Seeing that we needed to get to the Gold Cup to source decent opponents for our Hex preparations, I can't see how you can tolerate the fact that Maturana hasn't been fired yet!! But then again we have JW who is clueless making all our major technical football decisions.

Ask yourself this, why qualify for the Hex then minimise your changes of earning one of the top 3 spots by carrying on with a dentist that has no idea what he is doing? There is no rhyme or reason to anything that Maturana does. Is like playing the lottery, pure luck & chance! He needs to be on the next flight out to Columbia.
No wonder Yorke now has serious ambitions of being a top coach... he saw Maturana in action and said to himself if this dentist can get away with being coach of our national team then who is me? I think either Russel or myself could be T&T national coach much sooner than we thought afterall its us who turn things around after Maturana was instructed to give us a call when our chances of progressing to the Hex were vanishing fast!   :-[
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:49:20 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2008, 09:59:43 AM »
We get in d hex despite dumbtist not because of d dumbtist doh get tie up like a crab.

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
my take is that it's a good thing that pacho has seen 70 players and experimented a bit. good for the long run to know where the talent is coming from to keep us in contention. alot of men not going to be around after this world cup campaign. so whether men like akile edwards or not i glad to see him running out - time next campaign these will be our more senior & experienced players.

the thing wid pacho is that he doh really talk to the press so no one know what he doing. so i saying all this based on the hope that from what he has seen he will be best suited for any situation in the hex. the 1st 3 games will prove that right or wrong. if it aint right then i say let latas & yorkie hold it down. forget this foreign coach thing. let's build our own talent at the coaching position that we can be proud of. maybe with local guys at the helm one day we could be thinking about winning the damn world cup instead of merely qualifying

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »
3 games u givin him 3 games all u good oui. He had 3 grames in d Digicup and dat went so well

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2008, 10:35:06 AM »
boy i hadda give him a 3 games. unless we lose the 1st 2 and look bad. hard to fire him right now given his record. i know i will take some blows for that but in the end the man get us comfortably into the hex - losing only one game (USA in USA). bermuda fiasco was what it was they didn't axe him then - DCC was what it was i doubt they will axe him for that - i wouldn't have. if yuh axe him now yuh hadda give it to lataas & yorke otherwise yuh bringing a man on payroll that you need to spend money to send all over the world to see players between now & february.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2008, 10:36:53 AM »
Record look all yuh want meh 2 strt 2 cuss. We playin crap we just lucky 2 win. Record myyyyyyyyy I gone. I must b done cuss in meh mind loud steupsssssssssss

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
doh cuss & doh hang up. i doh like his methods either. but what game exactly allyuh find we was lucky to win. i really doh understand the concept of a lucky win, an ugly win, an almost lose. i doh understand these concepts. so help me out.

when we come back from 2-1 down against guatemala and throw away child (my favourite player btw) score 2 in the dying minutes - that was a lucky win?

whabout when we draw 1-1 with bahrain at home - BAHRAIN only score two goals in qualifying before the one they scored on us - that was a lucky draw? for us or for them?

and whabout the saves shakka make to give us a nil nil against sweden? lucky?

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
We did not get into the Hex because of maturana. We got in "despite" Maturana. Given the raw talent we posess, any shite coach could have gotten the so-called good results he got. It was only when the Real pros came into the side that things started to look up. Imagine men counting a must-win against minnows like Bermuda as a pips.
WTF. We really reach.
The man team selection is mind-boggling. His tactics or lack of even worse. And his communication with players and clearly also the Administration in a mess.
Fire he backside now and at least give the next coach a two months to settle in before the Hex.   
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2008, 11:02:21 AM »
to be honest i dont see him getting fired now because of where we are at regarding the WC Qualifiers. however, he needs to be fired for the level of horrible football the team is currently playing and god forbid that we dont have the foreign based pros playing on this team...we would be totally embarrased in the upcoming Hex. my thing with Mats is this...i dont see a coach affecting influence on a team. for example, you knew from day one when Beenie man take the team you saw a particular style of play and you saw his idealogy being displayed on the field. men like whitley and others flourished under his guidance and coaching ability. who can we say that about now? men might say keon daniel...my belief is that the youth on the field has abundance of talent and its being showcased now...has nothing to do with Mats coaching ability. we playing a very negative style of football, even in games we suppose to try and get results from, players walking on the field not looking motivated, looking clueless...i can go on and on. for me the result in chicago was confirmation for me that he needs to be gone. i mean your team is being man handled by the opponent and u just sit there and do nothing...no changes tactically, no emotion, no nothing??? i think i was more embarassed that night than when i saw we lost to grenada. for the first time i was ashamed of my national team...they showed no guts and no leadership and that speaks volumes as the coach to sit there and allow the foolishness to continue. so with that being said, the feeling of shame that i felt for a team and fellas that i love and respect and will support til i die, is grounds enough for me to say he needs to go. :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

1]; } ?>