Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 171942 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
... Sando prince, where is de beef?

Is there beef? Look how you bring beef in the thread

There should be beef.

I eh hear anything of substance. Something like 5 minutes of introductions and then a comment on crime that was not fully developed because the video ended abruptly.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2015, 12:50:20 PM »

One NACTA prediction poll I will agree with.. The COP is a DEAD party and everyone know dat

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150620/news/nacta-no-seat-for-cop

CO-SIGNNNN that mean they eh giving Prakash back St. Agustine let him fight 1 of d marginal and loose and bury d COP. They dead they just eh bury yet.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »

One NACTA prediction poll I will agree with.. The COP is a DEAD party and everyone know dat

CO-SIGNNNN that mean they eh giving Prakash back St. Agustine let him fight 1 of d marginal and loose and bury d COP. They dead they just eh bury yet.

Nah. Prakash will get a safe seat.  That's his reward for being a good trojan horse these past 5 years....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2015, 06:07:50 PM »

I don't think that poll makes any practical sense. The COP isn't contesting the election as an independent entity; they're part of the PP...so the people who (for reasons I cannot understand) are enamored with Kamla will still vote for the COP in  order to but that clueless woman  back in power. There are people who are willing to put up with poor representation at the constituency level  as long as Kamla is PM.

A woman was interviewed on tv a couple weeks back, I can't remember which constituency,  and she had the most derogatory things to say about her MP. But when asked if she'll vote for him again her response was an emphatic "yeah!".  Why??..." because I like Kamla!"   :frustrated: :frustrated:
Some people really deserve what they get. It's unfortunate though that their votes are worth just as much as yours and mine  >:(

The COP is the new NAR.....there is no Pee Pee anymore.  People done see through that already.  The COP done dead about 3 - 4 years now.  Last rites will be performed (again but for the FINAL time) on Sept 7th for them.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2015, 12:10:45 PM »
So the PM panicked and pulled out of the debate against Dr Rowley? Hmmm

well confirmation d marketing people fraid to let she debate....and d blog trolls done bawlin Rowley questions is d reason steups

tell alyuh

National Debate between PM, Rowley not a done deal

A national debate is needed as there are over 30 per cent of undecided voters who want to hear what the leaders have to say about the issues facing this country says Lorraine O’ Connor, member of the Trinidad and Tobago Debates Commission.

Commission members O’ Connor, Ronald Harford and Angela Persad met with attorney Larry Lalla, Debates Negotiator for Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar at his St Clair office on Tuesday to discuss the proposed leaders’ debate.

Lalla told the Express that the Prime Minister has expressed her willingness to debate People’s National Movement (PNM) leader Dr Keith Rowley by the end of July for the latest.

“The Commission contended that the debate could not be held in the month of July since (1) their proposed August date was pegged to nomination day; (2) it needed time to secure sponsors and (3) it needed time to secure a location,” said Lalla.

“With respect, nomination day is irrelevant for the purpose of a debate between the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition. Their status will not change between now and then and there is no proper reason to await nomination day to host a debate between these two leaders,” he added.

“Further, we are unable to understand why the Chamber of Commerce, with all its resources, would require until August to secure a location or sponsors for such an event. One would think that there would be a rush of sponsors in support of such an important event,” said Lalla.

The Debates Commission, he said, refused to be flexible about the date and the meeting ended.

“We reiterate our belief in the importance of this event and hope that the public will witness a national leaders debate in the month of July, whether hosted by the Chamber of Commerce or some other entity,” said Lalla.

O’Connor said the Debate Commission is flexible and is trying to work to get common ground between all parties.

“It is really important to have this debate as the people who the debate affect would be the undecided, over 30 per cent who want to hear about the issues,” she said.

O’ Connor said further that research has shown that debates help voters decide how they would cast their vote as they hear what the candidates and leaders are proposing in terms of governance, policies and direction that would impact on the lives of citizens and the overall development of the country.

She said the Commission is working towards finding a solution to ensure that the debate takes place because it is in the interest of the people.

O’ Connor also noted that contrary to Lalla’s views, the Debates Commission is not funded by the Chamber of Commerce- the Chamber is in fact a facilitator of the debate but the expenses will have to be footed from the generosity of corporate Trinidad and Tobago who understands the value of a national debate especially with a general election two months away.

O’ Connor said she and other Commission members remain optimistic that a national debate will take place and the population will have the benefit of hearing what their leaders have to offer Trinidad and Tobago.
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
Wait.

Commission members O’ Connor, Ronald Harford and Angela Persad met with attorney Larry Lalla, Debates Negotiator for Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar at his St Clair office on Tuesday to discuss the proposed leaders’ debate.
She cant talk for herself...so she created a post where somebody could speak for her?

Next thing she have a debate viceroy for the Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Any efforts like this done for Rowley or Jack or any other leaders of parties?

Why insist on July?
Is it that they think things going good for now..and dont want to chance it later down?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:48:07 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2015, 03:07:24 PM »
The principals typically do not negotiate debate protocol themselves. So having Lalla in the mix isn't unusual. But ... The other side's viewpoint should be in the mix too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:09:23 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
Rienzi was a bee hive of activity today....nomination papers was filing left, right and centre......FS boy Brent file to go up for Toco/Sande Grande.......can't say I didn't see that coming........ ::) ::) :puking:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 26, 2015, 05:39:29 PM »
Ah boy Brent Sancho really think he can win Grande for Kamliar

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2015, 09:52:41 PM »
Who file for St augustine? Anybody know?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »
Who file for St augustine? Anybody know?

hhhhhmmmm....... :thinking:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
Confirmed

Garvin Nicholas filed for Diego Martin North East
Brent Sancho filed for Toco/ Sangre Grande
Kelvin Ramnarine filed for Manzanilla
Ganga Singh filed for Changuanas West

PNM candidates for all those areas have been on the ground meeting and listening to residents months now

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2015, 04:54:48 PM »
Confirmed

PNM candidates for all those areas have been on the ground meeting and listening to residents months now

Yeah. Yeah.  Ah know bout these.....is St. Augustine ah curious about.  Vasant filed his papers but nobody saying which seat he filed for......one rumour had it that he filed for a marginal seat but it is widely thought that he would get St. Augustine.

It is also belived that the COP trojan horse Prakash would get a safe seat but it doesn't seem that way from the names I saw yesterday.  So if the UNC shaft Prakash I goh real laugh.....after all dat bamsee licking he do.....

Anywho, I just stocking up on mih popcorn.......... :whistling: :whistling:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »
Confirmed

Yeah. Yeah.  Ah know bout these.....is St. Augustine ah curious about.  Vasant filed his papers but nobody saying which seat he filed for......one rumour had it that he filed for a marginal seat but it is widely thought that he would get St. Augustine.

It is also belived that the COP trojan horse Prakash would get a safe seat but it doesn't seem that way from the names I saw yesterday.  So if the UNC shaft Prakash I goh real laugh.....after all dat bamsee licking he do.....

UNC seem to be keeping Vasant Bharath request for nomination on a low, maybe because its St Augustine and it will look bad on Prakash but I am also hearing Vasant filed for Tunapauna so we will have to wait and see.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2015, 07:23:10 PM »
Confirmed

UNC seem to be keeping Vasant Bharath request for nomination on a low, maybe because its St Augustine and it will look bad on Prakash but I am also hearing Vasant filed for Tunapauna so we will have to wait and see.
I eh sure if they go chance vasant in tunapuna.... Cause that is THE marginal seat. Maybe that's the thinking... He has a decent profile so maybe he might be able to pull it but if he doesn't... What then...

Prakash.... Well he might not be well liked in St augustine... But they voting kamla. Is if they prefer vasant or Prakash.

Me... I'd take vasant. He was good as minister of agriculture and then they replace him with that shithound devant... And put him in ministry of information where he could only be one thing.

Prakash eh worth much in my view.

Ramnarine was an OK energy minister too.  Policy wise... Administration and Bobol... Not So much.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »

Funny Garvin Nicholas want to go up agasint Imbert for the third or fourth time. He must like plenty licks  :D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
Confirmed

It have some of these areas whey dem people lose they ears and power of reasoning- is like dey EH listening or seeing or thinkng of what these candidates represent- people looking fuh "handouts" and they seeing ah set ah yello without understanding the self destructive mode they are contributing to

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 28, 2015, 09:20:31 PM »
Confirmed

It have some of these areas whey dem people lose they ears and power of reasoning- is like dey EH listening or seeing or thinkng of what these candidates represent- people looking fuh "handouts" and they seeing ah set ah yello without understanding the self destructive mode they are contributing to

basically you're saying nothing has changed in 30 years!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2015, 05:38:51 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nDjGiegKBOQ&amp;feature=autoshare" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nDjGiegKBOQ&amp;feature=autoshare</a>
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:41:03 PM by Sando prince »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2015, 11:46:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nDjGiegKBOQ&amp;feature=autoshare" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nDjGiegKBOQ&amp;feature=autoshare</a>

Very thoughtful and engaging to listen to one who focused on the issues with facts rather than listening to innuendoes, blaming, and personal unwarranted attacks.

I really do think there are many people who are walking around TnT  under the influence of cupcakes .

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »

^^ I like the correlation he made between shaking Jack hands and taking a cup cake from Kamla  :D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »
Aye!!!  New political party on de scene.....The Third Force.....with a setta recycled COP personalities just really fronting for the UNC......

Steups!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2015, 05:52:13 PM »
Aye!!!  New political party on de scene.....The Third Force.....with a setta recycled COP personalities just really fronting for the UNC......

Steups!!!
Normal.  I realise that's the plan from long time. A so called third force or party to woo the so called undecided and then use that for the Unc.

Didn't Gary Griffith admit he was getting in contact with Jack to be a mediator between the PP and Jack? Look at the components... So called neutrals... Ent one on a state Board? Ent another was or is part of the propaganda machinery under the guise of social activist?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:20:21 PM by Bourbon »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 04, 2015, 06:58:45 AM »

Steups!!!
Normal.  I realise that's the plan from long time. A so called third force or party to woo the so called undecided and then use that for the Unc.

Didn't Gary Griffith admit he was getting in contact with Jack to be a mediator between the PP and Jack? Look at the components... So called neutrals... Ent one on a state Board? Ent another was or is part of the propaganda machinery under the guise of social activist?

To add insult to injury go to the TURD force movement's website....

www.thirdforcemovement.com

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 04, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »

Nah! Somebody have to be messing with them... they can't be that transparent.  Turd Farce Movement.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 05, 2015, 05:47:25 AM »

Nah! Somebody have to be messing with them... they can't be that transparent.  Turd Farce Movement.

Yeah.  Ah fella admitted to pranking them......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
Hmmmm

Whoever pranking them have no sense in their head... Linking it to a cricket site only makes the Pnm as a party look bad and viewed as a party that stereotypes... Because the first thing that will happen is someone will say Pnm is up to it... Last time I checked every race and religion plays this sport in TT and it wasn't invented by a certain race being targeted on the site..

Race politics are a thing of the past for progressive democracies but some seem happy to vote based on this on this board.. Callous acts won't help an election campaign.. I amount this to a subtle move in the direction of a Trumpesque action....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 05, 2015, 07:08:03 PM »
Hmmmm

Whoever pranking them have no sense in their head... Linking it to a cricket site only makes the Pnm as a party look bad and viewed as a party that stereotypes... Because the first thing that will happen is someone will say Pnm is up to it... Last time I checked every race and religion plays this sport in TT and it wasn't invented by a certain race being targeted on the site..

Race politics are a thing of the past for progressive democracies but some seem happy to vote based on this on this board.. Callous acts won't help an election campaign.. I amount this to a subtle move in the direction of a Trumpesque action....

Yuh does always find someway toblamePNM PNM - yuh true "yelow colours" really showing - why you eh Just sign yuh  card, collect yuh payout and join the corruption likeah boss🐗
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:02:35 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #449 on: July 05, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »
Hmmmm

Yuh does always find someway toblamePNM PNM - yuh true "yelow colours" really showing - why you hen. Just sing yuh ardo collect yuh payout and join the corruption likeahblight boss🐗

i'm not a blind partisan supporter like yourself, who made racist remarks against their fellow trinidadians... so let's get something straight here... someone hacking a website and doing something low, undermining, stereotyping a party is not going to win you an election...

I don't belong to any party but it's obvious what party you belong to and what you condone, so instead of outing racism, you throw gasoline in an already raging fire of hate... congrats AB Trini, you have indeed shown your true colors...

1]; } ?>