May 23, 2024, 02:06:10 AM

Author Topic: SIA Shocker  (Read 70865 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SIA Shocker
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
Ah find some men real, real quiet boy.....I understand though, at some point the shit so bad it just can't be defended, right Sammy??  What was that you said about a latrine again??

I doh understand u. I did my democratic right and voted for who i thought would have made a difference -
but it eh working out.

U did rather i vote for the pnm like u ?

Ah see Weary done sort yuh out with the last part.  But I take it from the first part of your post that you realise we still in the latrine?? 

i still hoping for the best and not the worst as ppl seem to be doing.

Sammy, ah eh know if to laugh or cry.  Let me see if I get this, the Prime Minister of this country, THE PRIME MINISTER eh, openly accepted responsibility for appointing a neophyte with no qualifications for the job to head a sensitive arm of our National Security and is only after they out she mudda arse on facebook (and/or possibly threatned by men who really know bout security) that Ms. Reshma resign AND YOU STILL HOPING FOR THE BEST??!!

Is not like this was the first of Madame PM's and she misfit government's missteps, is a next one in a long, long list from May 25th 2010!!!  You living here or you just fly een to vote and fly back out??

Steups!!!  Is now self I know you is a friggin sycophant pretending to be "objective"....... ::) ::)

It seems u always calling my name in yuh mouth, when i doh even post to defend shit from the govt. U see me even post in this thread?
steups.

U only looking to provoke me like is some kinda game u on - u know like u gloating that i vote for the PP and HA HA they fail and I lost and u win , so now that I answer yuh, yuh vex.

The govt doing shit, but u looking to rub it in and victimize me cause i vote for them. Diaz not idiot behavior?

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2011, 04:03:29 PM »
Ah find some men real, real quiet boy.....I understand though, at some point the shit so bad it just can't be defended, right Sammy??  What was that you said about a latrine again??

I doh understand u. I did my democratic right and voted for who i thought would have made a difference -
but it eh working out.

Ah see Weary done sort yuh out with the last part.  But I take it from the first part of your post that you realise we still in the latrine?? 

U cyah live here and hope 4 worse because me eh plan to go  A PLACE.

well we stuck here for a next 5 years, so all i can do is hope they do better cause is my fault they in power.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »

but it eh working out.

sammy, dat might be case for some, but yuh have to admit dis has been a very worrying 8 months........I was home for december wit no salary because ah happen to be contracted....doh mind dat mih evaluation was good......doh mind dat while ah home ah was fieldin calls from home about work ting, doh mind dat ah still outa d goodness ah mih heart(well ah doh really have one ah dat, but ah does try) reach in d office, explaining systems and reports an shit so people could try an pick up where I leave off................me and you had a very um ........enthusiastic......... discussion about my concerns wit dese people especially given what was known about dey las time around....................ah mean god forbid you contracted or worse contracted and not indian, an even some ah dem get it too, yuh suddenly ah agent of d pnm,

thank god in my case good sense outweigh d mandate of appeasing d party card holders or I would be pongin pavement all now.

so I cyar share your hope......sorry
cool.
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

but it eh working out.

sammy, dat might be case for some, but yuh have to admit dis has been a very worrying 8 months........I was home for december wit no salary because ah happen to be contracted....doh mind dat mih evaluation was good......doh mind dat while ah home ah was fieldin calls from home about work ting, doh mind dat ah still outa d goodness ah mih heart(well ah doh really have one ah dat, but ah does try) reach in d office, explaining systems and reports an shit so people could try an pick up where I leave off................me and you had a very um enthusiastic discussion about my concerns wit dese people especially given what was known about dey las time around....................ah mean god forbid you contracted or worse contracted and not indian, an even some ah dem get it too, yuh suddenly ah agent of d pnm,

thank god in my case good sense outweigh d mandate of appeasing d party card holders or I would be pongin pavement all now.

At least good sense happen by u by me NOBODY CONTRACT STILL BEING RENEWED.

Well u know u and i in the same boat due to gorilla Tim.
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »
Sammy, so tell me nah....yuh not supporting dem again?  Or yuh jes admitting that dey shitty and yuh like de ant and d erubber tree..yuh have high hopes?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »

but it eh working out.

Sammy, ah eh know if to laugh or cry.  Let me see if I get this, the Prime Minister of this country, THE PRIME MINISTER eh, openly accepted responsibility for appointing a neophyte with no qualifications for the job to head a sensitive arm of our National Security and is only after they out she mudda arse on facebook (and/or possibly threatned by men who really know bout security) that Ms. Reshma resign AND YOU STILL HOPING FOR THE BEST??!!

Is not like this was the first of Madame PM's and she misfit government's missteps, is a next one in a long, long list from May 25th 2010!!!  You living here or you just fly een to vote and fly back out??

Steups!!!  Is now self I know you is a friggin sycophant pretending to be "objective"....... ::) ::)

It seems u always calling my name in yuh mouth, when i doh even post to defend shit from the govt. U see me even post in this thread?
steups.

U only looking to provoke me like is some kinda game u on - u know like u gloating that i vote for the PP and HA HA they fail and I lost and u win , so now that I answer yuh, yuh vex.

The govt doing shit, but u looking to rub it in and victimize me cause i vote for them. Diaz not idiot behavior?

I am rubbing it in because right after the election you defended the bull shit that started early in the game and is still defending it to some extent up to this point.  

What part of I VOTED FOR THEM TOO you don't get??!!  You really think I enjoying watching these misfits implode with every pasing day??  Do you??  Really??  What de arse you telling me bout "HA, HA they fail and I win and you lose".  You really feel I don't want the best for this country??  Look just give me a frigging break!!!!

And whether you like it or not, continue to stick your head in the sand or stand up in the latrine pit, this government is certainly NOT THE BEST THING for T&T.

I guess I just choose to call the bull shit early while you content to continue taking the prick up your rear without vaseline for sometime longer.....

Cool....enjoy....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:41:18 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
way sah!  Pressure in de house....Sammy, dem calling yuh out breds....but ah see you and de odder defenders disappear to lick wounds...no pressure from me...I understand

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »
I am rubbing it in because right after the election you defended the bull shit that started early in the game and is still defending it to some extent up to this point.  

What part of I VOTED FOR THEM TOO you don't get??!!  You really think I enjoying watching these misfits implode with every pasing day??  Do you??  Really??  What de arse you telling me bout "HA, HA they fail and I win and you lose".  You really feel I don't want the best for this country??  Look just give me a frigging break!!!!

And whether you like it or not, continue to stick your head in the sand or stand up in the latrine pit, this government is certainly NOT THE BEST THING for T&T.

I guess I just choose to call the bull shit early while you content to continue taking the prick up your rear without vaseline for sometime longer.....

Cool....enjoy....

Doh waste all yuh energy on dat fella... save some fuh Air(head)man and Dum... Dinho.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »

but it eh working out.

steups.

Cool....enjoy....

sister, i dunno if u dense or something but calling the govt on shit is your business, but when u calling my name in yuh posts is my business. I have no probs if u call the govt when they doing shit, just dont call my name when u doing it.

Everybody does talk bout the govt including me, so i dunno y u does single me out. U ever see me single out anybody on this forum?
Is clear u on games.
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »
yucall me out arready..several times.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2011, 06:02:07 PM »
Sammy, so tell me nah....yuh not supporting dem again?  Or yuh jes admitting that dey shitty and yuh like de ant and d erubber tree..yuh have high hopes?

Is not a matter if me or u or anyone else supporting them anymore, they are the govt. We have to live with that for the next 5 yrs. Lets hope kamla get some kinda balls and start to run the country better. Maybe she could give panday or manning an advisor wuk cause i dunno who else cud do the job anymore.

While the pnm was doing shit, u feel i didnt want the country to do better, but it didnt work out that way. So we went to, and still in plan B.

(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
sister, i dunno if u dense or something but calling the govt on shit is your business, but when u calling my name in yuh posts is my business. I have no probs if u call the govt when they doing shit, just dont call my name when u doing it.

Everybody does talk bout the govt including me, so i dunno y u does single me out. U ever see me single out anybody on this forum?
Is clear u on games.

You was the biggest critic of the PNM under Manning... and you've been the biggest apologist for the PP government since the election.  Why you trying to act surprise that people would see you as a PP cheerleader?  Brownsugar obviously ent de only one on games.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2011, 06:08:42 PM »

Is clear u on games.

You was the biggest critic of the PNM under Manning... and you've been the biggest apologist for the PP government since the election.  Why you trying to act surprise that people would see you as a PP cheerleader?  Brownsugar obviously ent de only one on games.

so u saying i never post against the PP?

P.S read my reply to TC
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
, and still in plan B.

and therein lies d issue 8 months in and yuh seein shit happenin, Manning took ah term and change before he start playin d arse and as brown sugar say he was enabled by the general council and to me pnm til ah dead sycophants .......... pnm support didn' call d gov't an manning on d shit dat was goin on, an we all know how dat went.........................if we finding 8 months is to little time to start callin d govt out den, we learn nutten from d last elections ............and if yuh feelin singled out is because of d odd sense of deja vu  we feel because your own (well formed I might add) analogy still seems to apply

why d fuuck Nizam still chairin d PSC
why d fuuck Anand blockin for ish and steve accusing man ah teefin piano dat ent missing.............an y d fuuck we cyar hear nutten about ah case buildin against Calder yuh ent tink d longer anand Kuskel arse wait d harder ah case will be to make ???,.........whey d

dem,seemingly little ting eh nutten compared to d billions wasted, but d mistakes an' misteps comin so fas an so furious dat yuh hope cyar help but dim an dim fass  is from shit to even deeper shit
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:57:36 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
Well is ah good thing I is not the only one seeing thru Sammy BS.....as Lefty says, Patos didn't start to play the fool until just before his 5 year term in 2007 was up and then into the two years after that.

With all the crap we cuss Patos over you would think these clowns would give we ah break right??  Nah from friggin May 25th dem start.....and according to Sammy we must just say "oh well eh nutten we could do about if for 5  years...."

Big loud wet steups!!!!...we couldn't do nutten bout Patos either for 5 years but that didn't stop you Sammy from calling out he name??!!

Who on games??  Check yuh mirror....yuh fraud!!!...."objective" my arse!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2011, 06:44:57 PM »

but it eh working out.

sammy, dat might be case for some, but yuh have to admit dis has been a very worrying 8 months........I was home for december wit no salary because ah happen to be contracted....doh mind dat mih evaluation was good......doh mind dat while ah home ah was fieldin calls from home about work ting, doh mind dat ah still outa d goodness ah mih heart(well ah doh really have one ah dat, but ah does try) reach in d office, explaining systems and reports an shit so people could try an pick up where I leave off................me and you had a very um ........enthusiastic......... discussion about my concerns wit dese people especially given what was known about dey las time around....................ah mean god forbid you contracted or worse contracted and not indian, an even some ah dem get it too, yuh suddenly ah agent of d pnm,

well breds, by d end of March, I in dat boat. an let me tell u, i NOT keeping my hopes up because the PP government selected a board of directors of TWELVE people and NOT ONE is of african descent. not even a token black  :-X

so ppl cud say dis government doh move on race but CLEARLY, they do.

it clear as day for we to see
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »
As I said b4 in 1991 was d only time I voted 4 d party I wanted 2 win. All d other times I went wit d lesser of 2 evils. I could neva support these jokers when Hazel was d Minister she had all her Heads in d loop. So when I see d level tata dam Kamla did when she was in education and d level corruption dat went on I now came up wit meh present strategy steups b4/during and after but vote 4 d PNM.

As 4 y Calder Hart eh get lock up because maybe just maybe it eh have nutten 2 lock him up 4. Dey so wanted 2 hang dat Jack that Jack woulda hang dat Jack ahready.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »
so u saying i never post against the PP?

P.S read my reply to TC

No I saying for as visible and vocal a supporter as you've been you HAVE to expect flak when the team yuh supporting doing bad.  Two analogies to help aid yuh understanding:

1. Yuh gone tuh ah football match and de other team jumping all over yours.  One ah de fan jump up and gallerying heself about how much yuh team suck and how he team go share licks.  Second half yuh team come back and drop 5 on dem... who you looking to give talk to, not de same fella who was liking heself?

2. Longtime in war instead ah giving ah man ah gun dey would give him de flag tuh carry... he was called de "standard bearer".  He was the most visible member in the enemy camp.  De first thing man used to try and do is shoot de standard bearer... because seeing they flag fall used to demoralize troops, but also again... because he's de most visible.

You was liking yuhself in de earlies so doh complain now that yuh getting pong... secondly if yuh going to fly flag her fuh de PP, expect man to come gunning fuh yuh.  Doh try and make it like Brownsugar personally attacking yuh, yuh set yuhself up fuh dat.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »

well breds, by d end of March, I in dat boat. an let me tell u, i NOT keeping my hopes up because the PP government selected a board of directors of TWELVE people and NOT ONE is of african descent. not even a token black  :-X

I don't know what yuh do, but due to our job functions some of us were folded so far into critical functions dat to let us go for too long or replace us completely in one go, would have been akin to "cuttin off yuh nose to spite yuh face"...........daiz d only reason I believe most in my position( notice I said most) came back.
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »

I don't know what yuh do, but due to our job functions some of us were folded so far into critical functions dat to let us go for too long or replace us completely in one go, would have been akin to "cuttin off yuh nose to spite yuh face"...........daiz d only reason I believe most in my position( notice I said most) came back.

Good 4 unu we eh have no face left.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Sandy objected to Reshmi
By Newsday Staff Monday, January 24 2011

MINISTER of National Security John Sandy was yesterday named as the lone member of the National Security Council who objected to the appointment of Reshmi Ramnarine, 31, to the position of director at the Strategic Services Agency (SSA).

Sandy reportedly objected to Ramnarine’s appointment when her name was proposed at a National Security Council meeting chaired by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar this month.

Newsday understands the issue of Ramnarine’s qualifications for the post were raised. Also discussed was the fact that other apparently more suitable candidates were at the SSA, which already had two senior staff members functioning at the highest levels.

Even after Sandy objected, the Prime Minister, who is the head of the National Security Council, went ahead and recommended to the Office of the President that Ramnarine be given the top position.

The members of the National Security Council are: the Prime Minister, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, Sandy, Minister of Legal Affairs Prakash Ramadhar and all of the heads of the protective services.

Last Friday, Sandy was given a prepared statement on the issue of Ramnarine’s appointment, which he read out in Parliament. He declined to answer questions about the appropriateness of Ramnarine’s appointment when sent notes and questioned by Newsday.

Sources close to Sandy said up to yesterday, he remained uncomfortable over the developments and could be contemplating his future.

Newsday learnt yesterday that while Ramnarine tendered her resignation from the post of director of the SSA, she remains employed with the controversial Security Intelligence Agency (SIA), the unit to be merged with the SSA under Government plans. It was reported yesterday that Ramnarine is to report to work as normal in coming days.

On Saturday, in a resignation letter to Sandy, she cited fears over her “personal safety” as well as the compromise to her status as an agent.

In Parliament last Friday, Sandy said, “the National Security Council deliberated on the matter and decided to accept the recommendation of the deputy director. The appointed officer has nine years experience at the SIA and is a graduate of the University of the West Indies,” he said. “The decision of the National Security Council was subsequently approved by Cabinet.” He also said “the appointed officer was installed to act for a period of six months in the office of director of the SSA” and not the SIA, even as a press release from the Office of the President said Ramnarine was appointed to head SIA.

On Saturday, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar denied anything had gone wrong in Ramnarine’s appointment, despite objections raised over the 31-year-old’s qualifications

In speaking to reporters at the National Academy for the Performing Arts (NAPA), Port-of- Spain, Persad-Bissessar said Ramnarine was recommended for the post by the deputy director of the SSA. There are two deputy directors Julie Brown and Keron Ganpat. Neither Sandy nor Persad-Bissessar said which one of them recommended Ramnarine.

“The National Security Council received and considered that recommendation and recommended to the Cabinet. It was a decision of the Cabinet. There was nothing clandestine about the appointment,” she added.

Persad-Bissessar said she did not know much about Ramnarine before the recommendation came before her. “I might have been told that she worked there at some point in the past but I have no personal friendship, relationship or knowledge of the director,” she said.

When staff were informed of Ramnarine’s appointment, they were despondent, sources said yesterday. Staff members questioned why more senior officers, such as Brown and Ganpat, had not been appointed.

Opposition Leader and leader of the PNM Dr Keith Rowley yesterday disclosed a matter of privilege will be raised against Sandy at Friday’s sitting of the House of Representatives for allegedly misleading the Parliament about the appointment of Ramnarine as head of the SSA.

Speaking at a public meeting at the Edinburgh Government Primary School in the Caroni Central constituency, a seat of the People’s Partnership, Rowley told PNM supporters that it was unacceptable for any government minister to mislead the Parliament on matters which fall within their portfolio which they are supposed to know about.

Disclosing that one of the 12 PNM MPs will raise a matter of privilege against Sandy, Rowley declared that under the Westminster system of Parliament “lying to the Parliament is grounds for dismissal.”

Rowley said the population was unlikely to see Persad-Bissessar take any disciplinary action against any of her government ministers. He added the statements of Persad-Bissessar and Foreign Affairs Minister Dr Suruj Rambachan did nothing to clear the air over Ramnarine’s appointment.

Also in Parliament last Friday, Rambachan sought to answer concerns about Ramnarine’s qualifications saying she holds a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in information technology (IT) and is presently studying for a BSc degree in psychology. He also said she has international experience but did not specify in what field.

On that afternoon, Rowley unsuccessfully attempted to raise the issue of Ramnarine’s appointment as a definite matter of urgent public importance. His application was refused by Speaker Wade Mark. The Opposition however intends to keep the issue on the front-burner by raising the matter of privilege against Sandy. The House of Representatives is due to debate a motion on the SIA on Friday as part of Private Member’s Day.

Earlier at a press conference yesterday, Rowley said despite Ramnarine’s resignation, the issue had not ended in the minds of the PNM.

“In fact, there are more questions now than answers, and we will be demanding those answers from the Government,” he told reporters at his office at Charles Street, Port-of-Spain. Rowley responded to the issue against the backdrop of earlier statements by the Opposition that they would have found it difficult to cooperate with the Government on any matter in light of the controversial appointment.

“The situation has now changed. The lady is no longer in the job. As far as I know she had tendered her resignation, I am not sure to whom. So, the threat of not cooperating with the Government, there is no basis for that anymore. But, the matter certainly has not ended.”

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2011, 11:41:12 PM »
Oh boy. He's probably the only one that raise his concerns about it and he getting the flack. Den again..how come the heads of the protective services didnt say anything?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2011, 11:54:47 PM »
Oh boy. He's probably the only one that raise his concerns about it and he getting the flack. Den again..how come the heads of the protective services didnt say anything?

He raise concern but stand up and support d gyul. I guess it is call collective responsibility but he LIABLE and what ever credibility he had just went. So d best ting he should do is give Kamla back she wuk. 

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2011, 11:57:05 PM »

NO DEGREE: Reshmi Usha Ramnarine
ToolsEmail this article

Share!X DeliciousDiggFacebookGoogle BuzzLinkedInMySpaceNewsvineRedditStumbleUponPrint this articleGRAND LIES
Govt calls UWI after stating Reshmi had degree; finds out she's no graduate
By Denyse Renne denyse.renne@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Jan 24, 2011 at 11:45 PM ECT

(Story Updated: Jan 24, 2011 at 11:45 PM ECT )

THE Government only made a request to the University of the West Indies (UWI) for all academic documentation related to Reshmi Usha Ramnarine the day after it announced she was a graduate of the university.

It was also the day she tendered her resignation as Director of the Strategic Services Agency (SSA).

It is still unclear whether she was appointed to the SIA or SSA, with the Government saying it was SSA and the Office of the President stating it was the Security Intelligence Agency (SIA).

Sources say the request to UWI came on Saturday, following question marks over Ramnarine's academic qualifications for the top-level highly sensitive security post raised in an exclusive Express report.

A reliable UWI source has said that Ramnarine is not a graduate of the university with a BSc in Information Technology (IT).

On Friday in Parliament, National Security Minister John Sandy, Foreign Affairs Minister Suruj Rambachan and Legal Affairs Minister Prakash Ramadhar said Ramnarine was qualified for the position of SSA Director

Sandy, during his contribution in Parliament, said a meeting held with the National Security Council to consider a recommendation from the Deputy Director of the SSA resulted in Ramnarine being the suitable candidate to head the agency.

Sandy said Ramnarine had nine years, experience in the organisation and "is a graduate of the University of the West Indies."

Rambachan told Parliament that Ramnarine has a BSc in IT and is a second-year student at UWI, where she is completing a BA in Psychology. Rambachan also said Ramnarine has international experience and has been at the agency for nine years.

On Saturday, one week after being given the instrument of appointment to head the SSA, Ramnarine tendered her resignation, stating she feared for her personnel safety.

A press release from the Ministry of National Security's Communication Unit said Ramnarine's resignation was accepted by Sandy.

When contacted on the matter of Ramnarine's record as a graduate yesterday, UWI principal Prof Clement Sankat said: "Those matters are quite confidential and I will not be commenting on personal student matters. I gave all relevant information to the Ministry of Science ,Technology and Tertiary Education."

When the Express contacted Fazal Karim, Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education and line minister for UWI, he said he made no such request.

"I did not request anything, why should I?"

Asked whether someone in his ministry may have made the request, Karim said: "If they did, I have no idea."

Following the ministers' unwavering support for Ramnarine and the assurance that she is indeed qualified, the Express managed to obtain a copy of Ramnarine's resume which she sent to various media houses.

The resume showed that, prior to 2007, Ramnarine did not have any degrees. Some of her qualifications included a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) in April 4, 2005-May 12, 2008, from UWI and a certificate from BorderCom International.

When the Express visited UWI's St Augustine campus yesterday, records provided showed Ramnarine was not among the graduating class of 2007, 2008, 2009 or even 2010.

Records further showed that UWI only started a BSc degree in IT last year and the only other computer-related programme offered during the years was a BSc in Computer Science.

[/b]This in itself is contradictory to what Ramadhar and Rambachan stated in Parliament—that Ramnarine has a BSc in IT because the programme only started last year. [/b]

SIA employment records, which the Express obtained, confirmed Ramnarine has four years' experience as a junior communications technician, a position she held until her elevation one week ago to Director of the SSA.

The records also showed that certain aspects of Ramnarine's qualifications mirrored those of a Deputy Director at the SIA.

The Deputy Director in question has nine years experience, is a graduate of the UWI and also has international experience participating in workshops and seminars in Canada, United Kingdom and the United States of America.

It was only last year the Deputy Director returned from a seminar in New York, sources say.

Sources further added that though Ramnarine may have been recommended to the post, it was the duty of the National Security Council to ask pertinent questions and even interview Ramnarine, especially since the unit is a sensitive one which deals with intelligence gathering and matters of national security.

Efforts to contact Sandy, Rambachan and Ramadhar were unsuccessful yesterday.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:59:08 PM by Die_Hard »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »
Reminiscent of Colin Powell... Bush and dem lie to Powell and convince him to go before the UN and make the premise for preemptive strikes on Iraq on the basis of the existence of WMDs.  Ever the dutiful soldier he complied... only to be made to fall on his sword later on.

The difference here is that Sandy had his own reservations about her qualifications... only to get up in Parliament and make the case that she was indeed qualified.  Did he know about the (apparent) discrepancies regarding her education, yet asserted otherwise in Parliament?  Was he misled?  Did he make statement he knew were inaccurate?

I shocked by how much this thing has spun out of control... and it's a very good thing that it has.  This really threatens to topple this government before they even get their training wheels off.  At this rate a vote of no confidence by the Opposition is likely on the horizon within a year.

---------------------------

EDIT:

NO DEGREE: Reshmi Usha Ramnarine

GRAND LIES
Govt calls UWI after stating Reshmi had degree; finds out she's no graduate
By Denyse Renne denyse.renne@trinidadexpress.com

Wow!!

Wait nah... I juss reading this thing carefully...

SIA employment records, which the Express obtained, confirmed Ramnarine has four years' experience as a junior communications technician, a position she held until her elevation one week ago to Director of the SSA.

The records also showed that certain aspects of Ramnarine's qualifications mirrored those of a Deputy Director at the SIA.

The Deputy Director in question has nine years experience, is a graduate of the UWI and also has international experience participating in workshops and seminars in Canada, United Kingdom and the United States of America.

It was only last year the Deputy Director returned from a seminar in New York, sources say.

So what dat mean... somehow she qualifications get "confused" with those of this "Deputy Director"??  Buh WDMC I really reading here??
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:24:12 AM by Bakes »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:45 AM »
Checks were made on Reshmi says COP chairman
Published: Tue, 2011-01-25 20:42
Gail Alexander

Chairman of the COP Joseph Toney. The Congress of the People (COP) expected that the necessary checks were done on former SIA head Reshmi Ramnarine, according to the party’s chairman Joseph Toney yesterday. He was commenting on the SIA issue following last week’s controversy over Ramnarine’s appointment and her subsequent resignation over the weekend. Last week in Parliament, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley, who condemned Government on the issue, asked COP leader Winston Dookeran if he sanctioned the situation.

Yesterday, COP’s Toney said: “It was a decision by the National Security Council and I would have expected the necessary checks and queries would have been made. “Also, the chairman of the Cabinet is the Prime Minister who is head of the National Security Council. “So they would have had the necessary back-up to double check all information that came to them and I expect they would have done a good job,” he added. Toney noted also that Ramnarine resigned, “so there’s nothing further to comment on.”

On Rowley’s claim on Sunday that a COP member, who was appointed to the Judicial and Legal Service Commission (JLSC), had had been “in jail” Toney said:  “Let’s get more information on this.” He said he was unaware of such a COP person. Rowley had said he had information on the issue to that effect and had not yet checked it out. Yesterday, officials of the Attorney General’s office said any conviction that

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2011, 12:03:34 AM »
I am unsure anyone lied to Powell, he saw the lack of intelligence, went before the UN and pussy footed around without delivering the smoking gun.

He raised objections yes, and was subsequently removed from his job, a job, from all reports that he wanted to keep.

truetrini

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2011, 12:39:22 AM »
it real easy to fool de SIA and SSA boy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »
I am unsure anyone lied to Powell, he saw the lack of intelligence, went before the UN and pussy footed around without delivering the smoking gun.

He raised objections yes, and was subsequently removed from his job, a job, from all reports that he wanted to keep.

Powell was Secretary of State and as such wasn't privy to the intelligence chain utilized by Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice (throw in Wolfowitz and Tenet if yuh want too) in formalizing their WMD report.  No doubt he was shown the report but he was not made privy to the sources of the information contained.  He was the Nation's diplomat, and in that capacity he was sent to push the UN to join forces with the US, or sit by and watch it steamroll Iraq alone.  To suggest that he knew the intelligence was unreliable is to make an assertion that isn't supported by the facts that have emerged in the intervening 8 yrs.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2011, 12:59:13 AM »
As Sec, of State Powell has his OWN intelligence team called thr INR, subsequent reports suggest that he KNEW full well that there were no WMD's and his own INR made reports to the  Senate Intelligence Committee's report on WMD intelligence.

Powell also made up so called intercepted Iraqi communications and was thusly implicated the Bush admin lies.

The INR also stated their concerns about the fallacy of what he was going to report to the UN on the tubes they said Hussein was going to weaponize, as he reported they were cpmparable to similar missle tubes on the US MArk 66 misslie systems.

Also if you read Bob Woodward's book Plan of Attack you wills ee that in recorded converstaions, even Powell had his reservations in private about WMD's.

The INR also alerted Powell to several other statemenst in his prepared speech to the UN as "weak" and "ithout merit"

He still persisited.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/library/congress/2004_rpt/iraq-wmd-intell_appendix-a.htm

1]; } ?>